Support Art Micro Patronage
Making a fully tax deductible donation is easy.
Art Micro Patronage is a fiscally sponsored project of ProArts in Oakland, California through their parent, The Present Group. The Present Group is an organization devoted to finding new ways to fund and distribute artist projects. Other projects by The Present Group include their subscription art project and The Present Prize, an art prize funded by web hosting fees.
About our Fiscal Sponsor:
Pro Arts provides critical access to contemporary art in Oakland and the Bay Area through its independent curated exhibitions, capacity-building artist services, open studios and juried programs, and diverse collaborative programs. In addition to serving as an advocate for regional artists, Pro Arts offers youth and community programs to further engage art audiences that reflect innovative artistic expression, and the rich cross-section of cultures, ethnicity, age, and race in the Oakland/Bay Area.
We’ve got big plans, but we need your help to realize them.
Art Micro Patronage is an experiment in philanthropy, online art presentation, and micro donations. Your tax deductible donation to our project will allow us to continue innovating in these areas as well as pursue some really wonderful improvements. What’s on our roadmap?
- Paying Curators More What our curators do is not easy. AMP shows take time and thought and because our curators are so crucial to the success of this endeavor we want to pay them better.
- iPad app We built AMP with this expansion in mind. We just need the funds to free up the time to take the final steps. We think the iPad environment is ideally suited to viewing, donating, and "collecting" digital artworks.
- Opening up the AMP platform Allowing others to curate their own shows and support their own communities
- Integrating with other payment solutions Making it even easier to give
- Open Data Create a searchable database of our financials and exhibition data. More info = more power. We’re always looking for ways to open up the financials in the art world.
- Better Facebook integration Patrons will be recognized on facebook, donations are noted, collections are available for view.